The Belgariad and The Malloreon are a two-part fantasy epic written by David Eddings. This is a list of the major characters that appear in both parts of the story. (For a list of the races in the series, see Races in the "Garion" novels.) Note: All of the statements (deceased, married) are written from the current information by the end of the series.
Heroes of the ProphecyEdit
Note: These characters are the main protagonists to the story, arranged in order of first appearance. There are many other minor and supporting protagonists, including some royalty.
- Garion -called the "Child of Light" in the Mrin Codex.
- Polgara- called "Beloved" in the Mrin Codex.
- Durnik,- called the "Man with Two Lives" in the Mrin Codex.
- Belgarath - called the "Eternal Man" or "Ancient One" in the Mrin Codex.
- Silk, - called the "Guide" in the Mrin Codex.
- Barak, -called the "Dreadful Bear" in the Mrin Codex.
- Hettar, a- called the "Horse Lord" in the Mrin Codex.
- Lelldorin, - called "the Archer" in the Mrin Codex.
- Mandorallen, - called the "Knight Protector" in the Mrin Codex.
- Ce'Nedra - called the "Queen of the World" in the Mrin Codex.
- Sadi- called "The Man who is no Man" in the Mrin Codex.
- Poledra, - called "The Woman Who Watches" in the Mrin Codex.
- Relg-called the "Blind Man" in the Mrin Codex.
- Taiba- called the "Mother of the Race that Died" in the Mrin Codex.
- Velvet- called the "Huntress" in the Mrin Codex.
- Asharak, (Real name is Chamdar, deceased). A Murgo Grolim and disciple of Ctuchik. Killer of Garion's parents.
- Brill, (Real name is Kordoch, deceased). A Dagashi assassin charged with disrupting Garion's quest.
- Ctuchik, (deceased) disciple and high priest of Torak. Resides at Rak Cthol in Cthol Murgos.
- Zedar (Formerly known as Belzedar) disciple of Torak, but formerly a disciple of Aldur. For the change in his allegiance, Zedar is also called the Apostate.
- Urvon, (deceased) disciple of Torak.
- Zandramas, (Deceased) Priestess of Torak. Stole Belgarion and Ce'Nedra's son. The opposition of Geran in The Mallorean as Child of Dark.
- Torak (deceased) One-Eye, the Dragon God of Angarak. One of the seven deities who created the world. Torak prefers to be called Kal Torak ("Kal" meaning "King and God").
- Geran, Crown Prince of Riva, and son of Belgarion and Ce'Nedra
- Beldaran II, Princess of Riva, and daughter of Belgarion and Ce'Nedra, younger sister to Geran
- Anheg, King of Cherek, husband of Islena, and cousin of Barak.
- Islena, Queen of Cherek, and wife of Anheg.
- Cho-Hag, King of Algaria, husband of Silar, and foster-parent of Hettar.
- Silar, Queen of Algaria, wife of Cho-Hag, and foster-mother of Hettar.
- Drosta lek Thun, King of Gar og Nadrak.
- Fulrach, King of Sendaria, and husband of Layla.
- Layla, Queen of Sendaria, and wife of Fulrach.
- Gethell, King of Mishrak Ac Thull.
- Korodullin, King of Arendia, and husband of Mayaserana.
- Mayaserana, Queen of Arendia, and wife of Korodullin.
- Rhodar, (deceased) King of Drasnia, husband of Porenn, and uncle of Silk.
- Porenn, Queen of Drasnia, later on Queen Mother, wife of Rhodar, and aunt of Silk.
- Silk, aka Kheldar Prince of Drasnia, half brother of Urgit, nephew to Porenn and Rhodar, cousin to Kheva
- Kheva, present king, son of Rhodar and Porenn, cousin to Kheldar and Urgit
- Salmissra, Queen of Nyissa.
- Ran Borune XXIII, (deceased) Emperor of Tolnedra, and father of Ce'Nedra
- Taur Urgas, (deceased) King of Cthol Murgos.
- Urgit, King of Cthol Murgos, son of Lady Tamazin and Silk's father, Silk's half brother
- Zakath (or Kal Zakath), Emperor of Mallorea, and husband of Cyradis.
- Gorim, Leader of the Ulgos. His name belongs only to his office; he has no personal name.
Disciples of Aldur Edit
- Beldin, the Dwarf. Ethnicity unknown because of his extreme deformities.
- Belgarath, the "The Ancient and Beloved". First disciple of Aldur. Father of Polgara.
- Belkira, an Alorn shepard. Twin of Beltira.
- Beltira, an Alorn shepard. Twin of Belkira.
- Belzedar, the Apostate. Originally one of Aldur's disciples, but later turned sides and became a disciple of Torak.
- Belmakor, (deceased) the Melcene.
- Belsambar, (deceased) the Angarak.
- Beldurnik, the "The Man with Two Lives". He is taken as a disciple in The Malloreon. Husband of Polgara.
- Belgarion, The Child of Light. Special status in ranks of disciples. Grand-son of Belgarath and Great-nephew of Polgara.
- Polgara, "Beloved Daughter". Daughter of Belgarath and Poledra and aunt of Garion. Special status in ranks of disciples.
- Poledra, "The Woman Who Watches". Wife of Belgarath and Mother of Polgara. Special status in ranks of disciples.
Main article: Deities in the "Garion" novels
Other Minor and Supporting CharactersEdit
- Grinneg, cousin to Barak and King Anheg. Cherek ambassador at Tol Honeth.
- Kador (deceased), the head of the Vordue family and the Grand Duke of Tol Vordue, executed for treason.
- Oltorain, a Mimbrate Arendish nobleman, brother of Ariana.
- Count Reldegen, Lelldorin's uncle.
- Earl of Seline, a Sendarian nobleman and advisor to King Fulrach.
- Baron of Vo Ebor (deceased), Mandorallen's mentor. Husband of Nerina.
- Xantha, Queen of the Dryads.
- Xera, Ce'Nedra's Dryad cousin.